Autolist Used Car to Dream Car Scholarship
How to Apply
A Look into the Future (250 word max)
We are looking for students who dream big and can think critically about the issues our world is facing. Students will be asked to answer one of the following questions:
- - What is the future of the automobile?
- - What is the future of transportation in your hometown?
- - What is the future of US infrastructure?
Actions Speak Louder Than Words (250 word max)
In the second part of the application, we would like students to discuss their alignment with one of Autolist’s core values:
- - Collaborating with peers
- - Deriving insights with data
- - Working hard for results
Autolist Scholarship – Terms and Conditions:
Welcome to this website (“Site”), as operated by Auto List, Inc. (“Company” or “Autolist”). Company operates the Site and other associated services and offerings, including, without limitation, mobile and tablet applications, that allow individuals to list or locate vehicles sale (collectively, the "Service"), and makes it available to you subject to the following terms and conditions of service (the "Terms"). The Terms are a legal contract between you, an individual user or single entity (individually “User” or collectively, "Users"), and Company regarding your use of the Service. You will also be subject to any additional posted guidelines or rules applicable to specific premium services, products, and features offered through the Service, which are hereby incorporated into these Terms.
How to apply for the Autolist Scholarship:
- Applications for the scholarship are open until 11.59pm PT on the date of the scholarship deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Your application must be in English and must not exceed 500 words.
- Applications must be submitted in accordance with any technical specifications set forth in the application. Applications will automatically be declined if not correctly completed and submitted. Autolist assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an Application as a direct or indirect result of a technical problem or any kind of internet malfunction.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old and residing legally in the United States.
- You must currently be enrolled in full-time undergraduate or graduate program, or be a high school senior planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate or graduate program in the next academic year, at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States.
- Employees and affiliates of Autolist and members of their immediate families, and persons residing at the same address, are not eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Your submission of an application for the Autolist Scholarship shall constitute your consent to be bound in all respects by the terms and conditions set forth in these rules, and your unconditional acceptance thereof and of the decisions of the Autolist, which shall be final and binding. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these rules, please do not submit an application for the Autolist Scholarship.
- If you do not meet the foregoing eligibility criteria, please do not apply for the Autolist Scholarship. Void where prohibited.
How Autolist will determine the scholarship winner:
- A committee comprised of members of Autolist’s senior leadership team will select a recipient based on a number of criteria, including the quality and applicability of the content submitted.
- Applicants are asked to submit an essay about (1) the future of a predefined area and (2) personal alignment with one of Autolist’s core values.
How the scholarship awards will be paid:
- Each scholarship award will be non-transferable and will be made in the form of a check payable to the eligible institution of higher education attended by the recipient.
- Scholarship award recipients must submit proof of current enrollment at such institution in order for Autolist to remit the award.
- No cash equivalent awards will be given.
- The award of the scholarship shall be contingent upon full compliance with the terms and conditions of these rules.
- Each potential scholarship recipient will be notified of their selection via email. In no event shall Autolist be liable for any potential recipient notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential recipient for any reason. By submitting an application for an Autolist Scholarship award, you acknowledge that Autolist and its affiliates may call or contact you in relation to the scholarship and that the names of the Autolist Scholarship award may be posted on the Autolist website and on its social media pages.
- If any Autolist Scholarship award recipient (i) fails or refuses, within fifteen business days of being notified of their selection as a recipient of a scholarship award, to provide proof of identity, any required affidavit, or any requested tax forms (including IRS W-9 form), (ii) is found by Autolist to have violated the terms and conditions of these rules or (iii) otherwise does not meet the eligibility criteria set forth herein, such recipient's award will be forfeited and an alternate Autolist Scholarship award recipient will be chosen. Any taxes owed by any recipient in respect of any Autolist scholarship award shall be the sole responsibility of the award recipient, who shall be issued an IRS Form 1099 in connection therewith.
Other terms and conditions:
- After submitting your application, it becomes the property of Autolist and will not be returned.
- Portions of your application may be posted on the Autolist website, or used in other marketing materials, without further compensation or notice to you.
- You hereby irrevocably grant, transfer, sell, assign and convey, without reservation of any rights whatsoever, to Autolist, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to (i) your application for an Autolist Scholarship award and (ii) any Content for exploitation throughout the world, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the "Rights"). Autolist shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, duplicate, alter and amend, the application and Content for any purpose whatsoever, and you irrevocably waives any and all moral rights you may have in your application and any Content submitted by you. Autolist shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any application, or to otherwise exploit any Content or to continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof, and Autolist may at any time abandon the use of any Content for any reason.
- Except where prohibited, by accepting an Autolist Scholarship award, the recipient thereof agrees that Autolist may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Autolist and/or its products and services, or the Autolist Scholarship program.
IMPORTANT LEGAL TERMS:
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: All disputes arising out of or relating to these rules or your participation in the Autolist Scholarship program shall be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration before a single arbitrator (the "Arbitrator") in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (the "AAA") then in effect (for information on the AAA and its rules, see www.adr.org.) and the further procedures set forth herein, The arbitration shall be conducted in San Francisco, California, unless the Arbitrator shall determine that that venue is not reasonably convenient to all parties, in which case the Arbitrator shall determine another venue that is. In the event that the AAA is unavailable or unwilling to administer the arbitration, and the parties are unable to agree to a substitute, a substitute shall be appointed by the court. The Arbitrator shall have authority to issue any and all remedies authorized by law. The arbitration shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §§ 2 et seq. Notwithstanding any rules of the AAA to the contrary, any claims shall be adjudicated on an individual basis only, and YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO BRING ANY CLAIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF A PROPOSED CLASS, ON AN AGGREGATED OR MASS BASIS, OR AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR TO CONSOLIDATE ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF ALL PARTIES THERETO. Any award rendered by the Arbitrator shall be final, conclusive and binding upon the parties. In connection with any such arbitration proceeding, unless the Arbitrator shall determine otherwise, each party shall bear its own costs and expenses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may at your option file an individual claim in any small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of its subject matter jurisdiction if such court has personal jurisdiction. Autolist does not hereby waive any defense that such jurisdiction may be lacking in your state. Without derogation of the parties' obligation to arbitrate as set forth herein, for any claims other than those in small claims court, jurisdiction for any court proceedings arising out of or relating to these rules or the Autolist Scholarship program shall be vested exclusively in, and venue shall be laid in, the state or federal courts sitting San Francisco, California except that, following confirmation of an arbitration award in a state or federal court in San Francisco, California, a judgment arising therefrom may be executed in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. By entering an application for an Autolist Scholarship award, you represent and warrant to Autolist as follows: (i) your application, including any Content submitted therewith, is your own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) any Content is wholly your own original creations and is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim of infringement of the rights of any third party; (iii) any Content you submit to Autolist neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) any Content you submit to Autolist does not and will not violate any applicable laws shall meet all applicable conditions for submission set forth above. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold Autolist harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach by you of any of the warranties, representations or agreements hereunder.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: You acknowledge and agree that Autolist, its affiliates, and its and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) your participation in the Autolist Scholarship program; (ii) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive your application due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit your ability to participate in the scholarship program; or (iii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the scholarship program and/or the use of any scholarship award, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on your rights of publicity or privacy, or your claim that you have somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. The Autolist Scholarship program is subject to all U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. If your application is confirmed by Autolist to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, your sole remedy shall be to submit another application, if time permits. Autolist's failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision hereof.
- AUTOLIST'S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE. In the event Autolist is prevented from continuing to provide the Autolist Scholarship program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then Autolist shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the scholarship program.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS. Autolist reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any applicant who is determined by Autolist, in its sole discretion, to be (i) tampering with the application process or the operation of any technical interface used to administer the scholarship program, (ii) acting in violation of the terms and conditions set forth herein, (iii) submitting false, misleading or infringing Content, (iv) acting in a manner that is threatening or abusive to Autolist, its affiliates or its or their respective employees or to other applicants or (v) otherwise disruptive to the orderly administration of Autolist Scholarship program in accordance with these terms and conditions.