Autolist ReportCard Score: 97/100
- Only turbo diesel engine in its class
- Comfortable interior with a lot of storage areas
- Composed and smooth ride
- Excellent gas mileage and towing capacity
- Upper trim levels can get pricey
- Style may prove too much for conservative truck buyers
- Seasoned pickup truck drivers might be thrown off by the rotary shift knob
- Awkward 8-speed rotary gear selector
The 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 gets excellent gas mileage and has the only turbo engine in its class.
The ride of the Ram 1500 is exceptionally smooth; however, the 8-speed rotary gear selector is awkward and seasoned pickup truck drivers may be thrown off by the rotary feature.
While the upper trim levels can get a bit pricey than desired, there is a comfortable interior and plenty of storage areas to secure personal items and gear.
The style of the Ram 1500 may be too much for buyers who are typically more conservative, but the towing capacity is excellent.
Number of reviews analyized: 10